Unlocking the storyline of the Bible.
The Bible recounts a single story - one that begins at creation, encompasses our lives today, and will continue until Christ's return and beyond, but it's often very difficult to interpret the individual parts in light of the whole. At the 2018 Proclamation Conference, Dr. Jim Hamilton introduced the Bible's big story, this overarching narrative, and helped us to better understand the worldview of the original authors so that we can read our Old and New Testaments for ourselves as they had intended. Tracing the key patterns, symbols, and themes that bind the Scriptures together, this conference helped unlock for us the glorious storyline of Bible.
James M. Hamilton has been professor of Biblical Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary since 2008. Before coming to Southern, Hamilton served as assistant professor of biblical studies at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary’s Houston campus and was the preaching pastor at Baptist Church of the Redeemer. He has written God’s Glory in Salvation through Judgment: A Biblical Theology and God’s Indwelling Presence: The Ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Old and New Testaments. He has contributed chapters to many other books, and has authored many scholarly articles. He currently serves as the preaching pastor at Kenwood Baptist Church.
• 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Arrival and Registration
• 7:00 - 7:15 pm - Introductions and Singing
• 7:15 - 8:45 pm - The New Birth and the New Exodus
• 8:45 - 9:00 pm - Closing Song and Dismissal
• 9:00 - 9:30 am - Arrival and Coffee
• 9:30 - 9:45 am - Introductions and Singing
• 9:45 - 11:15 am - What is Biblical Theology?
• 11:15 - 11:30 am - Closing Song and Dismissal to Lunch
• 11:30 - 1:00 pm - Subway Lunch and Fellowship
• 1:00 - 1:05 pm - Transition and Opening Song
• 1:05 - 2:35 pm - The King from David's Line
• 2:35 - 3:00 pm - Extended Break
• 3:00 - 4:30 pm - Eden and the Temple
• 4:30 - 4:40 pm - Closing Song and Dismissal
100 Pigeon Hill Road
Windsor, CT 06095