Unity of Body, Diversity of Gifts
Paul wrote to the church in Corinth, "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed" (1 Corinthians 12:1). Sadly, all too often, today's churches are not only "uninformed" about the nature of the spiritual gifts, moreover, they are "uninformed" about the purpose of the spiritual gifts: the building up of the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:12). Spiritual gifts, though designed to build up the church, are frequently a point of contention among Christians. This year's Proclamation Conference is designed for pastors, lay-leaders, and regular attenders in local churches who would like to learn more about the variety of spiritual gifts highlighted in the New Testament: what they are, why they matter, and how they're designed to build up the one Body of Christ. We hope you'll make plans to join us as speaker, Dr. Thomas R. Schreiner, exalts Christ through a humble and charitable unpacking of the spiritual gifts.
Dr. Thomas R. Schreiner has been a professor of New Testament Interpretation and Biblical Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary since 1997. Prior to coming to Southern, Schreiner also taught New Testament at Bethel Theological Seminary and Azusa Pacific University. Schreiner is a Pauline scholar and has contributed a number of works for the life of the church, including: Romans, (Baker Exegetical Commentary Series on the New Testament); Interpreting the Pauline Epistles; The Law and Its Fulfillment: A Pauline Theology of Law; The Race Set Before Us: A Biblical Theology of Perseverance and Assurance; and his newest work, Spiritual Gifts: What They Are & Why They Matter. Schreiner currently serves as an elder at Clifton Baptist Church in Louisville, KY.
September 27 & 28, 2019
• 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Arrival and Registration
• 7:00 - 7:15 pm - Introductions and Singing
• 7:15 - 8:45 pm - What Are the Spiritual Gifts?
• 8:45 - 9:00 pm - Closing Song and Dismissal
• 9:00 - 9:30 am - Arrival and Coffee
• 9:30 - 9:45 am - Introductions and Singing
• 9:45 - 11:15 am - Why Do the Spiritual Gifts Matter?
• 11:15 - 11:30 am - Closing Song and Dismissal to Lunch
• 11:30 - 1:00 pm - Subway Lunch and Fellowship
• 1:00 - 1:05 pm - Transition and Opening Song
• 1:05 - 2:35 pm - What Does the Bible Teach about Prophecy, Tongues, and Healings?
• 2:35 - 3:00 pm - Extended Break
• 3:00 - 4:30 pm - Do the Miraculous Gifts Continue or Cease to Exist?
• 4:30 - 4:40 pm - Closing Song and Dismissal
100 Pigeon Hill Road
Windsor, CT 06095
If you are traveling to the conference from outside of Windsor and are interested in staying in a hotel, the Marriott Hotel, located less than 5 minutes away from Christ Proclamation Church, has provided us with a special conference rate of $92.00 / night. Please click here to book a room at the Marriott Hotel at the conference rate.
The Marriott Hotel
28 Day Hill Road
Windsor, CT 06095