Proclamation Conference - Biblical Theology
October 19, 2018 to October 20, 2018
- October 19, 2018:
- October 20, 2018:
Location: 100 Pigeon Hill Road, Windsor, CT 06095Category: Conferences | Coordinator: Christoph Hyder
Unlocking the storyline of the Bible.
The Bible recounts a single story - one that begins at creation, encompasses our lives today, and will continue until Christ's return and beyond, but it's often very difficult to interpret the individual parts in light of the whole. At the Proclamation Conference, Dr. Jim Hamilton will introduce the Bible's big story, this overarching narrative, and help us to better understand the worldview of the original authors so that we can read our Old and New Testaments for ourselves as they had intended. Tracing the key patterns, symbols, and themes that bind the Scriptures together, this conference will help unlock for you the glorious storyline of the Bible.
Conference Audio Files
- Session 1 - The New Birth and the New Exodus
- Session 2 - What is Biblical Theology
- Session 3 - The King from David's Line
- Session 4 - Eden and the Temple
James M. Hamilton has been a professor of Biblical Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary since 2008. Before coming to Southern, Hamilton served as assistant professor of biblical studies at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary’s Houston campus and was the preaching pastor at Baptist Church of the Redeemer. He has written God’s Glory in Salvation through Judgment: A Biblical Theology and God’s Indwelling Presence: The Ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Old and New Testaments. He has contributed chapters to many other books, and has authored many scholarly articles. He currently serves as the preaching pastor at Kenwood Baptist Church.
• 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Arrival and Registration
• 7:00 - 7:15 pm - Introductions and Singing
• 7:15 - 8:45 pm - The New Birth and the New Exodus
• 8:45 - 9:00 pm - Closing Song and Dismissal
• 9:00 - 9:30 am - Arrival and Coffee
• 9:30 - 9:45 am - Introductions and Singing
• 9:45 - 11:15 am - What is Biblical Theology?
• 11:15 - 11:30 am - Closing Song and Dismissal to Lunch
• 11:30 - 1:00 pm - Subway Lunch and Fellowship
• 1:00 - 1:05 pm - Transition and Opening Song
• 1:05 - 2:35 pm - The King from David's Line
• 2:35 - 3:00 pm - Extended Break
• 3:00 - 4:30 pm - Eden and the Temple
• 4:30 - 4:40 pm - Closing Song and Dismissal
Registration cost is $50 per person, $90 per couple or $20 per student.
It includes lunch on Saturday and a copy of What is Biblical Theology?
by James M. Hamilton.
100 Pigeon Hill Road
Windsor, CT 06095