The structure of family devotions can most certainly vary from family to family; what is most important is that your family is regularly engaging in conversations about the glory of God in the gospel (Deuteronomy 6:4-9). Nevertheless, while there is freedom with regard to the structure of family worship, it can be difficult to know how to begin. For that reason, we have provided the following example of a way in which your family can jumpstart devotions in the home. Please note that this is just an example. As we mentioned before, our primary desire is that there is a regular “aroma of Christ” in your home (2 Corinthians 2:14-16). We pray that this aroma abounds in life for you and your household!
"How To" Resources:
- Coronavirus and Christ: This short resource, written by John Piper, is available as a free download in both audio and ebook format. It will help you view our current circumstances through the biblical lens of our sovereign, wise, and good God!
- Pilgrim's Progress Animated Film: The classic allegorical work by John Bunyan has been turned into an animated film that will provide a bounty of gospel-rich truths for the whole family. Available for free to stream through the summer.
- Torchlighters Digital Theater: In addition to Pilgrim's Progress, Revelation Media has produced award-winning animated stories that feature real-life heroes of the faith to encourage children in the gospel. Available for free to stream throughout the summer.
- The New City Catechism: The New City Catechism is a modern-day resource, available in both print and as a mobile app, aimed at helping children and adults alike learn the core doctrines of the Christian faith via 52 questions and answers.
- The Bible Project: BibleProject produces short-form, fully animated Bible videos and other Bible resources to help people experience the Bible in a way that is approachable, engaging, and transformative.
- How to Pray Series: From topics like "How to Pray During Marital Conflict" to "How to Pray When You Hate Your Job," Crossway offers biblical truth on how practically to cultivate prayer in the various circumstances of life.